Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Viewing the autumn foliage at the Changdeokgung and Biwon Secret Garden (Part 2)



9 November 2014

We spent the morning touring Changdeokgung. There was ample time to take our lunch near the palace before the start of our next tour of Changdeokgung’s Secret Garden at 1:30 PM.  

We came out of the Donwhamun (main entrance), turned right and walked up a small street, adjacent to the walls of Changdeokgung. Here we saw a row of ginkgo trees shedding yellow leaves. This was more impressive than what we saw at Garosu-gil.


 Yellow gingkgo leaves in autumn at  street outside Changdeokgung
Yellow gingkgo leaves in autumn at  street outside Changdeokgung
Yellow gingkgo leaves in autumn at  street outside Changdeokgung These cars must have parked for less than half a day. Already covered with leaves.

 Small park alongs street outside Changdeokgung Small park alongs street outside Changdeokgung.

We decided on a Korean restaurant just further down this street serving simple Korean dishes. It was quite popular with locals and tourists. It serves relatively inexpensive but excellent tasting food.

Restaurant near Changdeokgung - Beef Rib soup at restaurant near Changdeokgung Simple and yummy beef ribs soup.

Restaurant near Changdeokgung - Bibimbap – stir and stir to mix the rice with meat and veggies well on the hot bowl.Bibimbap – need to stir and stir to mix the rice with meat and veggies well inside the hot bowl before eating.

 map of the Bukchon Hanok VillageThis map of the Bukchon Hanok Village was just outside the restaurant. The location of the restaurant is marked on the map by the symbol.

On the way back to the palace, we saw this scooter with 2 adorable dogs. I could not resist to stop and play with them before proceeding.
Street near Changdeokgung - Dogs on scooterJapanese Spitz and companion on a scooter.

Street near Changdeokgung - Dogs on scooterColourful fall foliage on the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.