Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Lazy Christmas afternoon and evening at the Waterhead Hotel at Ambleside, Lake District

25 December 2012

After the traditional six course Christmas Day lunch served by the Waterhead Hotel with all the trimmings, the locals settled in the bar to watch the Queen’s speech televised at 3 PM. We had no interest in the Queen’s speech, so we went out to enjoy the beauty of the Lake District around Ambleside.

Waterhead Hotel at Ambleside, Lake District.


Lake DistrictAmbleside Pier just outside the hotel.


DSC_1675

In winter, the day was short and sky started getting dark at about 4.30 PM. It was interesting to take photos during this period of dusk in winter.

From this..

to this…...



We went back to Borrans Park to shoot the dusk scene of Lake Windermere and Ambleside.

 At Borrans Park  Ducks at shore of Lake Windermere, Lake District.


Night view of the Waterhead Hotel, Lake District.



Evening was relaxed and informal and an ideal opportunity to enjoy a drink or two at the bar while waiting for the Gala buffet dinner to be served at 7.30 PM.

Bar area at Waterhead Hotel.


IMG_6735

Cheerful staff at the Waterhead Hotel. Cheerful Santa this morning. Now a Bartender by night.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.