Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Inokashira Park in Kichijoji

6 April 2015

Inokashira Park? Kichijoji?

Most visitors to Tokyo would not have heard of the park or Kichikoji.

We came all the way to Kichijoji to eat the famous Matsuzaka Beef in the restaurant called Beef Satou. After lunch we spent some time exploring this little suburb of Tokyo and stumbled upon the Inokashira Park. Great place to be during the Sakura season as this park has loads of beautiful cherry trees by the lake.


The Beef Satou restaurant is located in a covered shopping area by the Kichijoji Station where there are shops catering mostly to locals. However, we spotted a kimono shop with western looking mannequins.


 Kimono shop with western looking mannequins


After we got tired of shopping (or rather window shopping), we wandered south of the train station and found ourselves in Inokashira Park where there were cherry trees with sakuras in bloom.  There were quite a lot of folks rowing boats on the lake and admiring the cherry blossoms from the boats. This is the place to be if you are the romantic type. The park also has a mini zoo.

For me, the best thing after an excellent meal was to sit on a park bench, under the slight shade of the cherry trees, enjoy the cool air, sunshine, relax and do some people watching.

 Guy with a guitar.


 This “swan” seems to be stuck.


 Hanami parties at the park.


 Fallen petals of the cherry blossoms. In a few more days and all the flowers would have fallen.


I could have sat there and chill till dinner time and then go eat more Matsuzaka Beef but the ‘'tourist” in me told me that I should to go back to Shinjuku as there are still places to see. We decided to head back to Tokyo to see the Meiji Shrine which is located in the Yoyogi Park before the sky gets dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.