Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

December afternoon in the City of Bath


28 December 2012

From Castle Combe, we drove to Bath, the final destination of our road trip. After several visits in the past, I was pretty familiar with the roads in the City of Bath and finding our B&B Milton House, along Wells Road was a breeze. Once checked in, we drove to the public car park at Charlotte Street and did a walking tour of the city, for the benefit of Samuel who was visiting Bath for the first time. Bath is a compact city and most attractions within the city center are within walking distance.

From the car park, it was a short walk through a park to the Royal Crescent. The Royal Crescent is one of the greatest examples of Georgian architecture and the row of terrace houses are laid out in a crescent, hence the name. It actually houses a hotel, apartments for rental and also a museum.

Panoramic view of the Royal Crescent at Bath, England.


Georgian Architecture at Royal Crescent, Bath.


Then we went to the city center to see the Bath Abbey, the outside of the Roman Bath, Pulteney Bridge and the weir.

Bath Abbey.


Bath, EnglandPulteney Bridge and the U-shaped weir on River Avon.


Pulteney Bridge is lined with shops on both sides, like the Ponte Vecchio in Florence. It connects the city with the newly built Georgian town of Bathwick.

In my previous visit, I had seen tourist sightseeing boats going under the bridge and making a u-turn just before the weir. These boats are not in operation during winter.

A significant attraction in Bath that is not shown in this post is the Roman Bath which is located at the city center, next to the abbey. In my three visits to Bath, I had defer my visit into the Roman Bath to see the insides. We will save it for July 2015 when we will come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.