Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Revisit to Anfield stadium

24 December 2012

Back in 2010, I visited Anfield stadium but missed out on seeing the Shankly Gates and the Hillsborough Memorial. I said that I will return. So I did.

This time, we drove to Anfield Stadium instead of taking a taxi.  The ushers on the ground let us park within the stadium itself, being not a match-day. I parked at lot number 23, wondering if this was Jamie Carragher’s personal lot. LOL.

We went to check out the new Bootroom Sports Cafe that was recently opened at Anfield Stadium but we did not eat there. The LFC museum is just next to it but we had all been in it, except Samuel. But Samuel is not a Liverpool fan, so there was no need for a second visit to the LFC museum. Instead we spent some time viewing the many historical photographs of Liverpool FC on the walls outside the museum.

Photos below:

Anfield Stadium Liverpool FCPhoto of Bill Shankly with his famous pose.


Anfield Stadium Liverpool FCBob Paisley's photo with the many trophies.


Anfield Stadium Liverpool FCThe standing Kop.


Anfield Stadium Liverpool FCQuote from the great Dutch soccer star Johan Cruff.


Anfield Stadium Liverpool FCQuote from Keegan, one of the Liverpool legend.


 Photos of the fans over the years.


After some shopping at the LFC store, we went to do what we came for i.e. to visit the Hillsborough Memorial and see the Shankly Gates.

  A photo with Bill, after a shopping spree at the club store.


The gates and memorial are located on the opposite side of the Kop end so we had to walk round the stadium along Lothair Rd. Most of the houses along this street were vacant and boarded up, waiting for the day to be torn down for the Anfield Stadium redevelopment. Which meant only one thing…I will be back again to watch a match at the new Anfield Stadium.

Anfield Stadium Liverpool FCShankly Gate.


Anfield Stadium Liverpool FCYou’ll Never Walk Alone at the top of Shankly Gates.


Anfield Stadium Liverpool FCHillsborough Memorial for the 96 Liverpool fans, on the left of Shankly Gate.


Anfield Stadium Liverpool FCPaying our respect to the 96.


Anfield Stadium Liverpool FCNames of the 96 victims and an eternal flame to remember them.


The Hillsborough Memorial is to remember the 96 Liverpool supporters who lost their lives tragically at Hillsborough during a FA Cup semi-final match. I remember watching the tragic events on that day on live TV from Singapore.

While we were there, a car drove up and the occupants came out to leave some flowers at the memorial. It drizzled a little while we are there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.