Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

England-Scotland Day 7 (Part 5) – An evening at Ullapool

9 April 2010

After a whole of driving on single track roads, the journey back to Ullapool from Kylesku, via the A837 and A835 was a breeze. We arrived at Ullapool at about 6 PM and went straight to the Ullapool Harbour.

Ferries to the outer Scottish islands depart from Ullapool on a regular basis.

 

Ferries to the Outer Scottish islands depart from Ullapool.


I simply love this town - the harbour, the boats, the traditional buildings, laid back atmosphere and beautiful scenery of Loch Broom. The setting sun cast a warm light on the scenery and it was nice to take a walk onto the jetty and snap away with my camera. The ladies rested on a bench while my son and I went to check out the fishing boats.

Red, Green, Blue – boats in all colours!


View of Ullapool from the jetty.


We bought some takeover fish and chips from a store and headed back to our B&B. The view of Loch Broom from outside the B&B was stunning. I set up my tripod to shoot the sunset but it was pretty cloudy.  Nevertheless, it was a nice way to end the day.

Sunset over Loch Broom, taken just outside the Broombank B&B where we stayed. The dogs were having a good time chasing after rabbits in the field below. Shirley’s (our B&B host) King Charles Spaniel was one of the dogs in the photo.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.