Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

England-Scotland Day 7 (Part 3) – exploring the Coigach and Assynt peninsula from Stoer Lighthouse to Kylesku

9 April 2010

From the Stoer lighthouse, we continued along the B869 towards Kylesku and made a stop at the village of Drumbeg for its scenic views.

The above photo shows the view at Drumbeg.

 


Here are some of the photos taken on the B869 after Drumbeg.

On the B869, single track road after Drumbeg, going towards Kylesku.


Deer seen on the B869, single track road towards Kylesku. Not sure if this is wild or belongs to a farm.


Some parts of the B869 could be steep and winding, like here.


On the B869, single track road towards KyleskuWe stopped and climb up a slope to have a view of Loch a’ Chairn Bhain.


View of Loch a’ Chairn Bhain with Kylesku bridge barely visible in the distant (above the island).


Making my way down to the car. Beautiful view of the Scottish highlands in the back.


The B869 led us to the A894. We made a left turn and headed northwards towards the Kylesku bridge.

We made a stop at a lookout point near Unapool for nice views of Loch Gleann Dubh and a lesson in geography.

Loch Gleann Dubh and interesting mountain with thrust plains in the back.


The A894 that we came from. Some big mountain in the back.


After our impromptu lesson on geography at Unapool, we continued along the A894 and crossed over the Kylesku Bridge and stopped at the car park by the bridge.

Kylesku Bridge over the narrow waterway connecting Loch a’ Chairn Bhain and Loch Gleann Dubh.


View of Loch a’ Chairn Bhain from the Kylesku Bridge. Earlier on, we were probably somewhere up in the hills in the background, looking at the same loch.


This was the furthest north that we went. The time was about 4.15 PM and it was time to head back to Ullapool as it would take about an hour of driving, plus we wanted to visit the Ardrveck Castle on the way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.