Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

England-Scotland Day 6 (Part 3) – On the road to Inverness

8 April 2010

Continuing on the A8079 from the Pass of Killiecrankie, we made a short detour to view the Blair Castle from the outside. and continued back up on the A9 towards our next destination, Inverness.

Inverness is the town on the northern tip of Loch Ness, famous for its monster. It was time to give my son a chance at the wheels for the journey to Inverness and give me a chance to take some photos of the journey. It was a nice scenic drive through the Scottish Highlands.

Driving on the A9 towards Inverness, scotland

Driving on the A9 towards Inverness. This stretch of highway is generally safe and easy to drive but  have to watch out for approaching cars that are overtaking.


Yawning while driving! One hand on wheel!


So few cars on this stretch of the A9 towards Inverness.


Beautiful scenic route on the A9. Snow-cap mountains.


Driving on the A9 towards Inverness, scotland


I took over the wheels again just at the outskirt of Inverness and navigate through the town to find a place for lunch.

Inverness is quite a busy town and my challenge was to find a parking space.  We spotted a Chinese Buffet restaurant called the Jimmy Chung’s Restaurant by the River Ness and decided to have our lunch there before we went looking for Nessie, the Loch Ness monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.