Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Taiwan Day 6 (Part 2) – National Palace Museum, Shilin Market


18 December 2011

As we were to meet up with a niece for dinner near the Shilin Night market later, we decided to visit the National Palace Museum which is located close to the market.  As the museum is not located close to a MRT station, we went by taxi.

We arrived at about 4 PM and the place was packed with tourist groups. I had been to the Lourve and the British museums. This museum ranks amongst them in terms of the quality of the treasures displayed. No photo taking was allowed inside which was a shame but necessary to prevent damage from camera flashes and maybe to prevent copying of the masterpieces. We bought a guide book on these treasures displayed in this museum as a Christmas present for my uncle. There was no English language edition, else I would buy one for myself.

The museum closes at 6.30 PM and we had seen only the most interesting and famous exhibits.  We went to buy more stuff from the museum’s souvenir shop. The staff were kind enough to help us call for a taxi to take us to the restaurant.

After dinner with the niece and friend at a German restaurant, we took the MRT to Shilin Market. The place was packed. Shilin is famous for its shopping and street food. We did not try any of the street food since we just had dinner.

P1040205Shilin Night Market, Taipei.

So it was just shopping and people watching. And dogs watching too. Taiwanese loves dogs and dresses them up too. Many stallholders owns dogs and they would bring them to their stalls. Taiwanese dogs are so calm and obedient. No need for Cesar Millan.

P1040210Pet Dog selling toy guns at Shilin Market Taiwan.


On the way back to the MRT, we saw a pet shop. These were some of the cutest kittens ever.

P1040232Kittens at store near Shilin Market Taipei.





Super cute kittens at a pet shop near Shilin Market.

The store sold puppies too.


Guess what else we found inside the pet store?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.