Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Taiwan Day 6 (Part 1) – Taroko Express train journey from Hua Lien to Taipei

 

18 December 2011

This was the day where we would travel by the Taroko Express train from Hua Lien to Taipei. I had booked the train tickets via internet using my credit card about 2 weeks ago. The 12.00 PM train was sold out. I was lucky or early enough to get tickets on the 10.35 AM Tze Chiang #273 train. ETA 12.50 PM. 

Tip: the online ticket booking system only allow booking of tickets up to 2 weeks ahead. Book early as tickets for the Tze Chiang train get sold out fast. Booking website link here.

The minsu owner drove us to the train station which was about 10 to 15 minutes away. It was easy to find our train and board it before the scheduled departure time.

Hua Lien train Station.


The train left promptly as scheduled.

Inside the Taroko Express Train.


Soon we were speeding along towards Taipei via the scenic route. The Taroko Express Tze Chiang train is a tilting train which allows it to tilt slightly as it speed round curves without slowly down.

The boys did this to pass time on the train.

 

I took some photos of the scenery of the north eastern country side of Taiwan from the window of the moving train. It was quite a challenge but quite fun as I had to have an eye for a interesting photo and react fast.

Egret on cattle.


View from Taroko Express  - power lines across taiwan countryside.


Flooded rice paddies.


Boat in Taiwanese river.

 

DSC_9424Farmland in Taiwan countryside.


Although it was called the express train, the train made a few stops along the way. We arrived as scheduled in Taipei.

DSC_9420View from Taroko Express  - lone girl in train station


Our hotel in Taipei was the Caesar Park Hotel, located right on top of the MRT Taipei Main Station, HSR station, Rail station and opposite the bus terminal. Perfect location for exploring Taipei city. There is an underground shopping mall too. Normal Check-in time was 3.00 PM. As our room was ready, we were allowed early check-in. Hurrah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.