Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Hilltop Restaurant Ao Nang

15 June 2019

The coastal province of Krabi, at the southern end of Thailand on the Andaman Sea, is well known for the spectacular limestone cliffs, beautiful islands with clear emerald waters and white sandy beaches. On some days, one can also enjoy the stunning red sunsets.

The last time I was in Ao Nang, Krabi with my wife, we enjoyed dining at one of the beachside restaurants along Ao Nang Seafood Street, with nice views of the Krabi sunsets.

This time, I was travelling with a large group of 17 persons and I wanted to ensure that my travel companions would enjoy a memorable first dinner in Ao Nang. After some research, my wife and I selected the Hilltop Ao Nang. As the name implies, the restaurant is located on the top of hill in Ao Nang, offering dining with probably the best views of the Krabi sunset.

It is prudent to make reservations and also arrange for free shuttle pickup in advance at their website. We planned to arrive at least 30 minutes before sunset to enjoy the fantastic views from the restaurant. Travel to the restaurant was by songthaew (covered pickup trucks used as taxis in Thailand) and we were picked up promptly from our hotel in Ao Nang.

The drive to the Hilltop took only a few minutes. Although it was cloudy day, with no red Krabi sunset, the panoramic views from the restaurant were still quite nice.


I was happy to see my travel companions enjoying themselves snapping photographs even before we sat down to order our first evening cocktails.

Enjoy pre-dinner cocktails at the Hilltop.

A mock-up dining table with a view.

Actual dining area at the Hilltop.

My travel group.


The Hilltop Ao Nang has an extensive menu of classic Thai dishes, a fresh selection of seafood ready for the grill and a good selection of cocktails and wine. Based on reviews from the Internet, we ordered mostly Thai food and skipped the grilled seafood.


Delicious Thai cuisine.

It was a nice experience to be dining on delicious food while enjoying the views of the sea.

What my group enjoyed as well was the live band that performed on that night. Stevie, the singer with the hat, was awesome.

View of the restaurant at night.


Overall, my group had an enjoyable evening at the Hilltop. Although the prices were slightly higher than other restaurants in Ao Nang, this restaurant delivered value with its awesome location, good food and beverage service, delicious Thai food and excellent live entertainment.

Only let-down was one of shuttle bus driver who sent us back to our hotel. This person really needs to learn some basic customer service skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.