Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Stockholm in Winter - Visit to ABBA The Museum at Djurgården island

19 January 2017


I belonged to the generation that grew up listening to ABBA music. Hence a visit to the museum dedicated to the Swedish foursome would be interesting. Since the Vasa Museum was also located near the ABBA The Museum, we planned a day out to both.

ABBA: The Museum is a permanent exhibition in the “Swedish Music Hall OF Fame” on the island of Djurgården, a brisk walk, or a short bus or tram ride from the city centre.


We travelled to the ABBA Museum using a combination of subway and bus. By the time we arrived at the entrance, it was slightly past 11 AM.  We saw a cut-out of the famous four but one of the celebrities was missing a face.





Tickets are 250 SEK per adult and we need to buy them online using credit cards and collect them from a machine at the entrance.  No ticket sale by cash at the museum. The printed entrance ticket includes a personal ID that generates a page on the museum website. This ticket is also used for the interactive displays inside the museum where we could sing and dance with holograms of ABBA, don a digital costume projected on us in a special booth.
  


ABBA The MusuemInside a karaoke booth where we could choose ABBA songs to sing along with. The machine will judge your singing and assign you a score!



Besides the interactive displays, the museum showcases the band’s stage clothes, artefacts, concert footage, interviews etc.  There was even The Arrival helicopter from the classic LP Cover at the museum.
ABBA The MuseumStage outfits worn by ABBA for their performance at the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest.


I enjoyed the video of ABBA singing ‘Waterloo’ at the Eurovision Song Contest in Brighton in 1974 where they won and launched their stardom.

ABBA The MuseumLife-size figures of Agnetha Fältskog. Björn Ulvaeus. Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad, collectively known as ABBA.
Who was your favourite?



ABBA sold more than 379 million records!

Overall, the visit to the ABBA Museum plus a quick look through the ‘Swedish Music Hall of Fame’ took about 2 hours. While I enjoyed the cool interactive displays, I felt there was something lacking. More about what happened after the group split up and how as individuals, they had continued their lives would be good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.