Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Morning in Narai, a historical Nakasendo post-town

27 May 2016

As usual, we did our morning walk around Narai and took a few photos of this historical Nakasendo post-town before breakfast. A feeling of relaxation, peace, free and easy feeling was inevitable as we strolled around this rustic, quiet town in the cool morning air, set against the greenery of the Kiso Valley in the background.

 Narai - an old post town along the Nakasendo HighwayLooking towards the South of Narai from outside of Iseya Ryokan.

 

Narai - an old post town along the Nakasendo HighwayLooking towards the Nouth of Narai from outside of Iseya Ryokan.

 

 Clouds coming in over the mountains into the Kiso Valley. Some rain was forecasted.

 

 Narai - an old post town along the Nakasendo HighwayA purification well outside one of the shrines in Narai.

 


Our original plan was to do the short walk (about 1 hour) from Narai to the small town of Kiso-Hirasawa, famous for its lacquer ware, before boarding a train at Kiso-Hirasawa station for the journey to Matsumoto. We decided to skip this and proceed by train from Narai to Matsumoto instead.

It was drizzling slightly as we left Iseya Ryokan for the train station.

 

 Goodbye to the Nakasendo as we waited for the 9.30 AM train to Matsumoto.


Narai marked the last post-town that we visited on this Nakasendo journey. The train ride from Narai to Matsumoto took about an hour and took us out from the Kiso Valley and into the modern city of Matsumoto.

Back to the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.