Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Asakusa Temple and Nakamise Street

3 April 2015

After cherry blossom viewing at Ueno Park in the morning, we took the subway from the Ueno Station to the Asakusa Station.

Entrance to the Nakamise Street was the iconic red lantern at Kaminarimon (Thunder Gate) where groups were posing for photos beneath it.

It took a while to walk down the Nakamise Street and into the main temple complex as every now and then we would stop to buy food and stood at the side to finish it before continuing. It is considered rude to eat and walk with food in hand in Japan.


20150403_134130Crowded Nakamise Street selling souvenirs and food.


Kaminarimon (Thunder Gate)


 Real cherry blossoms on trees (left) vs Plastic Cherry Blossoms on the roofs of shops (right). Hozōmon in the background. The Hozōmon is the inner of two large entrance gates that ultimately leads to the Sensō-ji in Asakusa,


Beyond the Hozomon Gate stands the temple's main hall and a five storied pagoda.

 

 Another variety of cherry tree.


 Pink Cherry Blossoms.


O-waraji

 Asakusa

 Worshippers wafting incense over themselves.


 5 storied pagoda.


20150403_154357

 Man powered transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.