Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

England-Scotland Day 16 (Part 1) – A day with the Beatles - Beatles Story Museum


18 April 2010


I have been listening to Beatles since I was a kid and even my teenage son is a fan too. So, a visit to the Beatles Story museum is a MUST-DO for us in Liverpool. The museum is located at Albert Dock, within walking distance to our apartment located at Colquitte Street.

The walk to Albert Dock also offered us quite a few interesting things to see.

Interesting walk to Albert Dock. Liverpool – city of art and culture.


Albert Dock, Liverpool

Pump House with its long chimney at Albert Dock.


View on the entrance to Albert Dock.


We all lived in a Yellow Submarine – outside the museum.


Entering the museum where we will journey into the life, times, culture and music of the Beatles.


We were each given an audio device and headset where we could get a commentary by pressing the number displayed on each exhibit within the museum. With the audio device, we were able to view the exhibits at our own pace.

In the two hours or so, we experienced or viewed the lives of the four young lads from Liverpool who were propelled to the worldwide fame and fortune and become the greatest band of all time.

Here are a picture tour of some of the interesting exhibits.

Beatles Story Museum, LiverpoolCasbah - This is where they played their first live performance as the Quarryman.


 The clean cut Beatles.


Early Beatles.


Beatles Story Museum, Liverpool

Beatles in Hamburg.


Beatles Story Museum, Liverpool

Entrance to the Cavern Club where they played and met their manager Brian Epstein and later became famous.


Beatles Story Museum, Liverpool

Poor Pete Best. Replaced by Ringo shortly before the Beatles got famous.


Gerry and The Pacemakers also performed at the Cavern. They sang You’ll Never Walk Alone, the Liverpool FC anthem.


“please please me, oh yeah, like I please you” – No 1 on the charts.


Beatles Story Museum at Albert Dock, Liverpool

Replica of the stage at the Cavern.


It was interesting to see the video clips of Beatlemania and all the hysterical fans. This is something my daughter can relate to. Similar scenes when the K-pop idols visit Singapore. 

There’s a part where we walked through a mock up of a Yellow Submarine.

Beatles Story Museum at Albert Dock, LiverpoolSgt Pepper's Lone Hearts Club Band.


The exhibition brought me through emotional high and low. The beginning part was mood lifting as we lived through the boys’ rise to fame and fortune, with nice Beatles music in the background.  I somehow prefers their earlier music.

The later part of the exhibits documented the life of the Fab Four after the Beatles split and it was quite depressing.

Beatles Story Museum at Albert Dock, Liverpool

We remembered the comedy movie Caveman, starring Ringo Starr as Atul and his wife Babara Bach who also featured in the same movie. Mediocre movie but my kids liked it (they were very young at that time and they liked the round-eyed dinosaur!)


John Lennon’s life story was most sad and touching.

Beatles Story Museum, Liverpool

In memory of John Lennon.


The last exhibit in memory of John Lennon, located just before the exit point somehow makes me feel emotional, as I listened to the lyrics of Lennon’s song “Imagine” playing in the background.

The young female attendant manning the exit point smiled understandingly at me as I wiped a tear off my eyes before leaving the museum. She must have seen this happened before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.