Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

England-Scotland Day 15 (Part 2) – The Anfield Museum Tour

17 April 2010


The Anfield Museum is opened daily from 9am-5pm with last admission 4pm. So after we finished our guided tour of Anfield Stadium, we just had enough time to go see the Anfield Museum.

We have to pass through this narrow turnstile to get in, simulating what fans would have to go through when they come to watch a game.


Liverpool FC was founded after an internal dispute within Everton FC. Liverpool FC was formally established on 15 March 1892, while Everton was still occupying and playing at Anfield. Everton then moved to their new stadium in Goodison Park, playing their last match at Anfield on 18 April 1892. 

Anfield used to be home of Everton FC.


Picture of Emlyn Hughes and Ray Clemence lifting the FA Cup.


With some of LFC’s great managers.

Charisma of Bill Shankly. Known for his many famous “sayings” or quibs.


Shankly at Anfield Museum, Liverpool.


Joe Fagan (Smoking Joe) and the King Kenny Dalglish.


And now the silverware.

Anfield Museum, Liverpool

The Fab Four. Not the Beatles, although this is Beatles’ home town but the 4 European Cup trophies won in 1977 (Rome), 1978 (London), 1981 (Paris), 1984 (Rome).


The Anfield Museum

The fifth European Cup (now Champions League) won in 2005 at Istanbul.  


The Anfield Museum

The night at Istanbul will always be an inspiration for me. Always have “belief”, even when things are going wrong or against you.


We watched the video and also presentation about the  “Miracle at Istanbul” where LFC draw 3-3 after being 3-0 down at Half Time; Dudek with his miracle save during extra time and then winning the penalty shoot-out. 

I will never forget that game that I watched on live TV, with Daniel at 3 AM Singapore time and going into penalty shootout till dawn.

I went to work in the morning with a big grin and smiling the whole day.


The Anfield MuseumClose-up of the trophy that LFC gets to keep for winning it 5 times. Can see the dent on the handle caused by Steven Gerald’s mis-handling of the trophy.


One of the match ball from the Istanbul game.


The Anfield Museum

Jamie Carragher’s medals, donated to the club.


More trophies.

The Anfield MuseumTrophy Cabinet full of cups, medals and jerseys worn by Anfield Legends.


FA Cup.

League Medals.


Shirt won by Anfield legend – Kenny Dalglish or King Kenny.


And remembering the tragic event at Hillsborough where 96 innocent Liverpool supporters lost their lives.

A sad day in our history. Hillsborough Mosaic remembering the 96.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.