Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

England-Scotland Day 5 (Part 3) – Killin and the Falls of Dochart

7 April 2010

This part of the A827 is also known as Dochart Road and it led us to Killin and the Falls of Dochart. We cannot missed it as the road passes next to the river. We parked our car by the river bank and walked forward to view the Falls of Dochart.

This is a very fast flowing river and the scenery was awesome!

The above photo shows the Falls of Dochart at Killin and the scenic views of the Scottish Highlands.


Falls of Dochart at Killin, Scotland, Scottish HighlandsLong exposure shot of the Falls of Dochart.


Crossing the stone bridge.


Viewing the Falls of Dochart from the bridge.

 

This narrow bridge is part of the A827. Only one car passable at any point in time. We walked across the stone bridge and took more photos of the scenery and old water wheel.


Water wheel making use of the fast flowing river to do some useful work. Looking at this wheel, it reminded me of a scene from the movie “The Eagle has Landed”.


Back to our car to continue our journey towards Kenmore, our next stop.


The scenic A827 continued to Kenmore and we had to drive across the raging river using the narrow stone bridge we saw earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.