Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Langkawi Island Day 1 – Cenang Beach

12 January 2011

My son had completed his basic military training as part of the compulsory National Service and had a short break before he was to be posted to his new unit. So, we planned this short 3-day trip for rest and relaxation to Pulau Langkawi (or Langkawi Island), located off the west coast of West Malaysia.

We flew in via Malaysia Airline flight from Singapore, with a brief stopover in Penang and checked into The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa.  We were given a sea-facing room with a nice view of the sea and islands of the coast.

After lunch at the hotel, we took a taxi from our hotel to Cenang Beach, located on the west coast of Langkawi. There were many beach activities and sport for the active persons like para-sailing or jetski. But no high-adrenaline sea sport for us. We just wanted to relax and watch the sunset. For me, it was also an opportunity for shooting some photos.

We watched the para-sailing operators in action, launching and recovering the parachutes from the beach. Some of the para-sailors flew solo and some flew in tandem.

DSC_5743

We took a slow walk down the beach. Cenang beach has fine white sand, plus broken sea shells, and stretches over a kilometer from one end to the other. Many luxury resorts, hotels, guest houses and restaurants are located on this stretch of the beach.

Even a Tree House!


DSC_5749

DSC_5767DSC_5774

We settled down on the sand to watch the sunset and also the planes from the nearby Langkawi airport.

Once darkness set in, we headed to a seafood restaurant for this. Eating seafood is a must at Langkawi Island.

A treat for the young soldier. This is definitely many times better than army food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.