Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Lunch at Österlånggatan 17 in Gamla Stan

24 May 2017

While waiting for my lunch order to be served, I took this photo of the statue of St George Slaying the Dragon, reflected from the glass walls of Österlånggatan 17 in Gamla Stan.

One of the joys of visiting Stockholm in warmer weather of late Spring or Summer is the ability to enjoy a meal outdoor or al fresco style. Outdoor sitting is allowed from 1 April till 15 October and most customer would choose to sit outside on a fine day.

 Soccer fans at Gamla Stan.


Gamla Stan on this day was pretty busy, as this was a day where soccer fans from England and Holland flocked to Stockholm for the Europa League Cup Finals between Manchester United and Ajax Amsterdam. Despite that, we managed to get a seat outside the restaurant of our choice.


Österlånggatan 17 in Gamla Stan.


This was our second visit to Österlånggatan 17, having enjoyed our meals here during our January trip to Stockholm.  I particularly liked the bread that was served while waiting for our main courses to be prepared.

This time, the bread came in paper bags for those sitting outside the restaurant. The bag contains two pieces of brown bread, buns and a crispy flat bread. Plus a small bowl of cream and butter spread. We finished most of it, washed down with some pale ale and juice.

We ordered the daily special of grilled chicken on couscous and a steak with fries and tomato salad.

Österlånggatan 17 in Gamla StanBeef steak, fries and tomato salad. The steak was so-so but the tomato salad was good.


Österlånggatan 17 in Gamla StanGrilled Chicken on couscous. The buttered couscous was deliciously good. It was salty with a little sour flavour.


It was great having our lunch outdoor in the midst of the Old Town, watching people and soccer fans strolling by.

Overall, another satisfying meal at this restaurant in Gamla Stan, Stockholm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.