Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Stockholm in Winter - Gamla Stan, Skeppsholmen and Kungsträdgården again!


21 January 2017

After spending the morning at  Monteliusvägen and Skinnarviksberget with Samuel, we made our way from Slussen to Gamla Stan to meet up with the rest of our travelling group for lunch. Instead of taking the train from Slussen to Gamla Stan, this time we walked.

Stockholm is a city made for walking! Even in winter. You get to see amazing views of the city.

Here are the views as we walked from Slussen to Gamla Stan.

 




 
After meeting up the rest of the group, we went for lunch at the Gästabud in Gamla Stan. This was followed by a walk to the Skeppsbrokajen and on to Skeppsholmen. Although it was almost a repeat of what we did a few days ago, the look and feel was so much different!

View of the Royal Palace from the Skeppsbrokajen.


Stockholm skyline was marred by those construction cranes!






Nice buildings along Stockholm waterfront

The photo above was shot at 1.15 PM. See how low the sun was!


Skeppsholmen and the Af Chapman (a boat operating as a hostel).Skeppsholmen and the Af Chapman (a boat operating as a hostel).




Gilded Crown on Skeppsholmsbron.






Nice buildings along waterfront - Grand Hotel StockholmNice buildings along waterfront - Grand Hotel Stockholm


From Skeppsholmen, we walked to Kungsträdgården to see people doing ice skating in the park.
Kungsträdgården in winter – a place for fun in the snow and ice.




Colourful skates that can be rented at the public ice skating rink at Kungsträdgården.


We ended the day with dinner at one of our favourite restaurants in London, and now in Stockholm too! This is the Burger and Lobster restaurant located at Norrlandsgatan 33. 

 
One pound fresh lobster (grilled or steamed), with fries and salad for 295 SEK. Sauce cost extra.


Although there were options for Burger, Lobster or Lobster Roll Sandwich, everyone in the group chose the grilled lobster! Easy choice to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.