Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Morning in Tsumago, a Nakasendo Post-Town

26 May 2016

The best time to take any photos is in the morning, especially so when visiting the old post town of Tsumago. I was happy we had time to explore Tsumago in the morning before catching the 10.19 AM train from the nearby Nagiso Station.


 Lone kid walking to his school in Tsumago.

 

 Tsumago in the morning, without the hordes of tourists.

 

 A group photo, taken with the help of a fellow guest from Fujioto ryokan.

 

View of Tsumago within the Kiso Valley as seen from the Kotoku-ji Temple, located on a high point within the town.

 

 One of the preserved Edo-period lodging opened to visitors

 

 I was amazed by the colours of these roses.

 

 House swifts nesting under the roofs of the old houses were a common sight.

 

IMG_1371Not sure what these hanging dolls meant.

 

 Relaxing by the Fujioto’s fishpond, just outside the dining room.


 Relaxing by the Fujioto’s fishpond, just outside the dining room

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.