Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

From Taichung to Taipei and seeking the best beef noodles in Taipei at Yong Kang Street

9 January 2016

After Taichung, we took the High Speed Rail (HSR) to Taipei and checked into our hotel in Taipei (CityInn Hotel Taipei Station Branch III), located within 10 minutes walk from the Taipei Main Station. Once again, we left our luggage with the friendly staff at the hotel, since it was too early for check in, and go explore Taipei. Prior to the trip, I had researched on where are the best beef noodles restaurants in Taipei. Top of the list includes the Yong Kang Beef Noodles.


To get to the restaurant, we took the subway to Dongmen Station and walked a short distance to the restaurant. The restaurant is actually on Lane 31, JinSan South Street, next to a school. Easy to find with help of google map.


 This was what we came for!  Best Beef Noodle. Extra soft beef in thick and slightly spicy Szechuan-style sauce.


It was about 1.20 PM, slightly after the peak lunch time but there is still a queue outside. The line moves fast since everyone comes here for the food, not the ambience. It is order food, eat and then leave. No time to linger in this rather packed and busy restaurant.

20160109_134147Queue outside the Yong Kang Beef Noodle restaurant.


The following are the recommended side dishes to try before the beef noodles were served.

 Braised tofu.

After enjoying the nicest beef noodles so far in our trip, we walked to the main Yong Kang Street where people were crowding round the Smoothie House stall selling Mango Shaved Ice. Nice dessert to have after a Beef Noodle lunch.

Preparing the dessert using a ice shaving machine.


 Mango Shave Ice dessert at Smoothie House.


Where we stayed at Taipei?

We chose to stay within walking distance to the Taipei Main Station for convenience. It is a transportation hub for regional and local trains, High Speed Rail (HSR), all the subway lines, airport limousine bus and buses to nearby towns. There are also many malls and eateries nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.