Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Lunch at Doi Inthanon National Park

28 December 2014

After the morning trek to a Karen hill tribe village, our driver drove us further up the mountain road to a place for lunch. It seems that every visitors to Doi Inthanon was congregating at this place for the same purpose. Fortunately the food hall was large enough to accommodate the weekend crowd and the service staff were pretty efficient. Nice and clean place for both tourists and locals with several food stalls selling local Thai dishes at one end of the hall.

Nice place for lunch at Doi Inthanon National Park.


Our private tour included lunch, so we need not worry about the food. Our guide took care of the food ordering while we sat and observed the happenings around us.

First 2 courses of our lunch, plus fried vegetables and steam rice.


Doi Inthanon weather is perfect for flowers. We spotted cherry blossoms on a few trees across the road. These trees normally blooms during Spring in countries like Korea and Japan. Here they were blooming in winter at this high altitude.

Large yellow bell shaped flowers – quite common in Doi Inthanon.


20141228_130756Baby carrots on sale. These can be eaten raw.


Little local boys and girls were out and about, selling cut flowers in woven baskets on their backs.

Little boys and girls selling cut flowers. Note the cherry blossoms on the trees in the background.


They seemed to be contented with their assignments. It was good to see that they had time to relax and engage in their own fun time.

The flower boys having their own fun moments.


I was fascinated by this mobile ATM machine. I did not know such thing existed.

Mobile ATM machine mounted on a small truck at the car park.


After our lunch break, we went to the top of Doi Inthanon, the highest point in Thailand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.