Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Taking bus between Gyeongju city and Bomun Resort area and Bulguksa Temple


The easiest way to travel between Gyeongju city and the Bomun Resort area is by taxi but that would cost about 10,000 KRW or more, depending on the metered fare. For those who wants to save some money and/or wants to experience travelling on a local city bus, try the local bus.

IMG_1418Inside Bus #10 that we took from our hotel (Hyundai Hotel) in Bomun Resort to Bulguksa Temple.


From Gyeonju Station to Bomun Area, take bus No.10 (every 16 min. 900KRW or 1,300KRW), and it takes about 12~15minutes. The same bus will go to Bulguksa Temple as well.

From Bomun Area to Gyeongju city, take bus No.11.  This bus will come from Bulguksa temple.

Here are the maps showing the route. I suggest you get the most recent route map and timetable from the tourist information centers upon arrival at Gyeongju.

Route map for Bus 10

Gyeongju Bus 10 routemap


Route map for Bus 11

Gyeongju Bus 11 routemap

It is in Korean language but the diagram on the bus routes are useful if you read it with a Gyeongju map that is labelled in English.

The local bus in Korea has only a door at the front of the bus. Payment is by cash (coins preferred) to the driver or dropped into a box near the front. In Seoul, payment could be made by the T-money card, but I did not see any people using such cards in Gyeongju.

Announcements are made in Korean language before the bus arrives at its next stop. If you listen carefully, key words like Bulgaksa or the name of the hotel could be heard even if we did not understand the Korean language.

So, have fun and save some money by riding the local bus in Gyeongju.

5 comments:

  1. hi, thanks for the bus route information, really helpful.. btw, do you know what's the bus station's name if I want to visit Gyeongju Teddy bear museum? I find the information that it was near Hyundai Hotel (Bomun Tourist complex). thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not go to the Teddy Bear Museum while I was at Gyeongju because I had visited a similar one in Jeju. I enjoyed my visit to the museum. According to google map, the Gyeongju museum is next to Hyundai Hotel. There is a bus stop along the road just outside Hyundai Hotel and there is announcement (in Korean) before the bus come to a bus stop. I could recognise the word "Hyundai" although the pronunciation may not be what you expect. I suggest you write the Korean words of the museum on a slip of paper and showed it to the friendly driver when you board and hope he remembers to tell you where to alight. I think there may be a stop before the Hyundai Hotel stop or they may share the same stop since they are located close together. The road is lined with cherry trees so walking along it is nice in April with the cherry blossoms. I missed it while I was there and only see a lot of greens leaves. In other words, nice shade along the road.
      This link may be useful. http://asiaenglish.visitkorea.or.kr/ena/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=1392428

      Delete
  2. Hello! Thanks for this information. How should I go back to Seoul if my last stop is Anapji Pond (in Gyeongju)? Can I take Bus #10 or #11 from Anapji Pond? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a good way to go back to Seoul is via the KTX. I took the KTX from Seoul to Shin-Gyeongju Station and then took Bus 700 to my hotel in the Bomun Resort area. Bus 700 does not pass through Anapji Pond. To get to Shin-Gyeongju (located outside Gyeongju city centre) from Anapji probably requires changes of buses. You must know where to get off to change to the next bus. Hence, not very convenient for tourists.

      A safer way is to take a direct bus from Anapji to Gyeongju Station (train station in the city). The Gyeongju station is just down the road (1.4 km) from Anapji and there are direct buses. I think Bus number 154,600, 609 would be suitable. 4 stops. Alight immediately after the bus turns at the T-junction. The train station is across the T-junction. From there, take a local train to Dongdaegu Station to change to KTX train for Seoul. I did not travel this route from Gyeongju to Seoul during my trip. Hence you should reconfirm the above with the local tourist information staff when you are in Gyeongju.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I think bus 700 also run from the Anapji bus stop to Sing-gyeongju Station where there is KTX train service to Seoul. As mention, best to check with the local tourist information staff when you arrive at Gyeongju for the schedules.

      Delete

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.