Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

England-Scotland Day 14 (Part 1) – Pooley Bridge and Ullswater at Lake District

16 April 2010

Our second day in the Lake District, England. Mr John Stakes, our host at the Honister House B&B, suggested that we take a scenic drive to Ullswater, second largest lake in the Lake District and do a walk to the waterfall called the Aira Force.

Our first destination for the day is Pooley Bridge, located at the northern part of Ullswater.

We arrived at Pooley Bridge at about 11 AM. Naturally we walked about and search for the namesake, Pooley Bridge. This is a place where steamer boat rides on the lake can be boarded.

Ullswater, Lake District EnglandNice antiquity that we met on the way to the shores of Ullswater.


Spring flowers at Ullswater.


Ullswater.


We did not go for a ride on the steamer. Instead, we took a walk on a trail by the side of the lake.

Not an easy trail, a bit muddy, rocky and some natural obstacles to overcome but still, it was pretty manageable.

Ullswater, Lake District England

Ullswater, Lake District England

Walking on trail at Ullswater.

Pooley Bridge at Ullswater, Lake District England.


Ullswater, Lake District England

View of river leading to Ullswater from top of Pooley Bridge.


Shores of Ullswater.


Beautiful Ullswater in pastel colours. Picture right out of a fairy tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.