Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Langkawi Island Day 3 - Westin Langkawi Resort and Spa

14 January 2011 

This was a day to spend lazing and enjoying the facilities within the Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa. We decided to chill out on the shady beach just outside some of the villas within the Westin compound.

Westin Langkawi Resort and Spa

As this was a private beach, it was quite peaceful resting under the shade of the casuarina trees, enjoying the sea breeze, listening to music from our iphones and taking in the scenery. At one point, a hotel staff came and served us some cut fresh fruits in skewers. We amused ourselves watching one guy trying to wind surf in the hot sun. The poor guy was not making much progress. He finally gave up and switched to a catamaran instead.

Westin Langkawi Resort and Spa

After a “break” for lunch at the poolside restaurant, we went to the Heavenly Spa within the resort.  This spa was so popular that we had to book the massage at least one day in advance to get an available timeslot. A buggy picked us up from the lobby and drove us to the spa which was located on the beachfront, at the end of the stretch of beach where the villas were located. We spotted some black monkeys like looked like gibbons on a tall tree near the spa.

After the massage, as we were heading back to our room to freshen up for dinner, I took a photo of this painting hanging just outside the lift lobby. Can you spot something unusual? Answer at the end of the post.

Westin Langkawi Resort and Spa

As we had lunch in the hotel, we decided to have our dinner outside the hotel.  We walked out along this road to towards the nearby marina.

LangkawiNo monkeys were seen but we had a nice view of the bay.


Charlie’s Place serves western food and offers a view of the marina. Unfortunately, it was a little cloudy and the sunset was not spectacular.


Here is the answer to the question earlier in this post.

That was a real butterfly that was resting on the painting. It was fascinating that it chose to rest there where it could blend itself into the picture for camouflage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.