Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Jeju Day 4 (Part 4) – Cheonjiyeon Waterfall


3 October 2011

 Cheonjiyeon Waterfall, Jeju


This was the third waterfall we visited in Jeju and this was my favourite. Partly because we didn’t have to climb up and down any stairs to get to the waterfall. But mostly, I enjoyed the walk on the scenic trail leading to waterfall.


traditional Jeju raft at Cheonjiyeon Waterfall

There was a replica of a traditional Jeju raft located close to the entrance.

We had to cross a stone bridge where you could admire the Koi and ducks swimming in the stream below.

 Cheonjiyeon Waterfall at Jeju - Koi Pond near entrance to Cheonjiyeon Waterfall

 Cheonjiyeon Waterfall at Jeju

The path leading to the waterfall was really scenic and offered many photo opportunities.

These are some of my photos.

 Cheonjiyeon Waterfall at Jeju.  Bridge across Cheonjiyeon Stream

 Cheonjiyeon Waterfall at Jeju

 Cheonjiyeon Waterfall at Jeju

 Cheonjiyeon Waterfall at Jeju - wishing turtle

 In the photo above, can you spot a “face”?


  Cheonjiyeon Waterfall at Jeju

Cheonjiyeon means “where the Sky and Earth meets”. Almost all the old signage in Jeju is written using traditional Chinese characters.

 Cheonjiyeon Waterfall at Jeju

Almost all the old signage in Jeju is written using traditional Chinese characters. 

We sat on a bench by the waterfall to relax and view the Mutae eels, which only comes out to feed at night. These eels are marked as a natural monument within Korea and Jeju.

The light was dim by now in the valley. It was not easy to take a good clear picture of these eels and these eels can’t keep still!

There were some other signs describing some other natural monuments at this area, e.g. some trees that only grow in this valley. LOL, almost everything in Jeju is marked as a natural monument.


As the sky darken with the setting sun, we headed back out to entrance to check out the souvenir stalls.

 Cheonjiyeon Waterfall at Jeju

Jeju souvenirs for sale.


We saw fireworks in the air. There was some celebration, probably linked to the why it was a public holiday in Korea today.

We decided to walk to Chilsimni Food Street for our dinner tonight. Jeju is well known for its fresh seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.